Jun 8, 2010

Here comes the......SUN!

Yay! It's summer already! Things have been going by way too quickly, and I haven't blogged in forever! Wasn't my last post about spring? Yikes. Anyways, I found a job for the summer, so that's good news. Bad news is, it's the same one as last year....working the cornfields! Dun dun duhhh... Get ready for waking at 4:30, weird tans, strenuous work, dehydration, freeezing and wet early days, and hot HOT afternoons. Wait I'm being too negative, there's also the cute small town we'll be staying in, the exercise, and the time with my cousins which is always good. ^_^ But, the best thing about the summer is CAMP! I seriously can't wait. Isn't that always the best summer event? Nothing beats seeing your good friends that you haven't seen in 6 months, at least. I'm convinced this will be my best summer yet!
Another thing that I will be making use of in the summer is my sister's love of horchata (the BEST summer drink!). We had some for the first time about a week ago, and we fell in love. She's been determined ever since to make the best kind yet. So she made (brewed? concocted?) some the other day, and it was as amazingly refreshing and milky as ever! So...here's the recipe!
AMAZING HORCHATA RECIPE LINK
Really simple for such an amazing drink, don't you think?

~KT~

1 comment:

  1. Definitely going to try the Horchata in a few weeks when my diet isn't as restricted.

    ReplyDelete