Jun 11, 2010

Book vs. Movie

So, yesterday I decided to spend all day reading Phantom of the Opera. I thought, "Well if I've seen the movie and claim to be a fan, why haven't I read the book yet?" So I ended up reading the entirety of the book in one day! But it surprised me. Normally, if you see the movie first, you like it better than the book. And if you read the book first, you like it better than the movie. Then why did I like the book waaaay better? Now don't get me wrong, the movie was still aaamazing, but the book seems just over-all better. I got SO into it, and it almost felt like you wanted everything to be real(Not the scary stuff. Frankly, I'm not too keen on being serenaded by some creepy stranger in the basement). The book was more horrific than the movie, but it was still thrilling and romantic. It also left you with a better sense of closure at the end. I can understand how hard it would be to compress a book into the two-hour movie/broadway musical timeframe, and for that they did an amazing job! But I would reccommend reading it after. :)
~KT~
(No links in this post?? Say it aint so!)

No comments:

Post a Comment